In this article, we will learn about the roles, responsibilities and skills required for becoming a senior lead software engineer. You should read on because software engineers are one of the most sought-after job roles today.
Who is a Senior Lead Software Engineer?
A senior software engineer in test uses their comprehensive understanding of software development and exceptional leadership abilities to successfully control the software development process. They serve as leaders for junior team members and are primarily accountable for the project’s quality and punctuality.
A senior lead software engineer must be well-versed in all aspects of software development, including codes, development apps, and testing methodologies, among other things. They must also possess leadership qualities in order to properly manage a team and ensure the success of each project.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Senior Lead Software Engineer
- Lead all elements of app development, including gathering requirements, designing and implementing applications and databases, and designing user interfaces.
- Take part in daily scrum meetings and design conversations with your teammates.
- Create views with JSP, JavaPageFlows, and JQuery.
- Create SQL queries for backend testing and compare data during functional testing to ensure that it matches and passes.
- Create batch code that runs as a separate process on servers that communicate with external banking systems using XML.
- Develop test plans and test suites for GUI and API testing, as well as test automation and framework enhancement.
- Reduce pain points in partner adoption by encouraging the team to create an API interface and example code.
- Using Jenkins, introduce and promote continuous integration.
- Provide web-based Java application development competence.
- Create a performance tool to collect metrics for a Java application.
- Optimize current database objects’ queries to reduce execution time and improve the user experience while preserving data integrity.
- Instil SOA principles in your employees and management.
- By altering the architecture slightly, you can eliminate unnecessary and redundant database calls.
- Appium may be used to test online and office programmes on a variety of mobile devices, as well as to assist in the creation of tests.
- Use scalability solutions to handle a growing user base and avoid bottlenecks at the application and database levels.
- Utilize the UML technique to analyse requirements, plan, and design computer systems.
- Create a production environment and set up the bamboo build configuration.
- Work on assessing and addressing software problems, which will be documented in a JIRA ticket.
- Participate in the development of JQuery base validations for data processing.
- Add the test cases that will be run in Jenkins’ continuous integration tool.
Following are the skills you must be a master at to land senior lead software engineer jobs:
- Strong Communication skills
- Leadership Qualities
- Ability to analyze information well
- Basic programming skills
- Software design
- Software documentation
- Software testing